Search my blog

FEATURED POST

Air-Dry Clay Speaks The Word

Wednesday 20 February 2019

"REFLECTIONS" (2013)

Now, I'm going to share to you the story behind the piece made during my "not-an-artist" days so it falls under the category of my Humble Beginnings.


Giving a throwback from the past...

Months after the day I painted the Mount Taal on a piece of notebook paper, I'm glad I improved 1%!! 😄 And what is that percent all about? It's about using a better paper to catch my painted art! This time I used a blank paper (but on the other side was the photocopied part). I'm still not wasting any paper!

I scanned through my things and found a paint (the leftover paints given to me when we're making props for school). The paint I had on that plastic container was kinda different from the usual poster color I'm used to. I don't know if it's acrylic or textile cause the dry parts of the paint are like plastic, cannot be used again if I mixed with water, unlike watercolor. But since these scraps are not using for important reasons anymore, I decided to make a painting using these. 
Aside from having no use, there are parts where colors red and blue, repectively green and yellow have mixed themselves. Instead of throwing them away I thought I could give them a chance to become part of my artpiece 😁

Thanks to my resourceful self! I cannot deny the fact that I'm having hard time achieving my expected picture. Given that I'm so ignorant about the techniques, what I'm doing that time was just keep on painting and putting layers of colors without minding about the rule of waiting for some layers to dry before applying another one. 
I forced myself to use that I-have-no-idea paint, those green and yellow to apply in that paper, using water though they aren't watercolors. I applied them on the leafy part of the painting, surprisingly the paint turned to be contributing itself to make those leafs appear more natural. The rest were all painted using my poster color.
The title of my painting, again, is "Reflections". But as you can see, I failed to give those leaves a reflection on the waters below. Did I shocked you for saying that under those leafy things was some soil with the pond? 😯

So that was a silly idea and I have a hard time but in the end...it was still an art! 😁
I realized no matter how knowledgeable or ignorant you might be about arts, if your heart's desire is to make an art, it will always find its way into arts.

It's a fulfilling thing to make an art and then realize later on that you have improved even the slightest percent possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment