Search my blog

FEATURED POST

Air-Dry Clay Speaks The Word

Monday 25 February 2019

"Wildlife" (2019)

My photo reference was taken from my visit in Wildlife last year. This was my third painting for the year. (The second one, wait for it on valentine's day hihi but it's just very simple).

I started by sketching the curved road so if you notice some traces of pencil, never mind it's not that obvious. ðŸ˜„ I need to determine the distance of the trees or how wide would the sides go on my painting so I painted the road first. I did a wet on wet approach in this part. I just added some gray layers when it dried.
The second priority was the tree branches. they will be the guide to where I would put the leafy and the soily parts of the painting. I am fully aware that it's wise to put on light colors first but I find it hard in this case 'cause they used to follow where the trees are.
Having a few colors in a painting is not so challenging if you put together the similar shades beside each other in your mixing palette. In this way, you'll be able to mix them easily to create a lighter or darker tone.
Hope you learned from this simple technique of mine! ðŸ˜Š
Also a lesson learned: Next time I'll be using a neater washi tape, for the painting is already in a full messy blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment