Search my blog

FEATURED POST

Air-Dry Clay Speaks The Word

Wednesday 20 February 2019

THE CREATIVE PROCESS: SEE AT THE SEA


Now I’m sharing my experience when I'm still beginning my watercolor journey.
This is technically not my first time doing a painting (because no one cares to remember how I paint on my kinder days) but I consider it my SECOND TIME painting in my teenage years.

See at the Sea (2013)

Back in 2013 I saved some pictures of the Philippine mountains which came from a chart common for elementary student's project. I chose Mount Taal if I'm not mistaken, and tried to paint from a scratch using the picture as my reference. I used a student-grade poster color by the way, and the results...I was somehow amazed. Didn't expect the outcome to be a little pretty and from now on, I tried working on a blank paper.

Those moments I have almost zero understanding about watercolor. All I knew was to dip my brush into the painting and to the water and brush them off on a piece of paper. I was so naive about the rules, techniques, and the best mediums I should apply because being a watercolor artist, that time isn't a part of my vocabulary. I'm just having fun about colors!

I have this softcopy when I scanned the artpiece to our nearest comshop.

Today, this painting has gone missing. I can't remember how I lost it, it's possible that i just misplaced it somewhere or I've given the piece to one of my friends, or, I don't know. T-T
Anyway, thanks for passing by my story!

-Hartiart

#HumbleBeginnings

https://www.facebook.com/hartiart2018/

No comments:

Post a Comment